ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel
  • »
  • HubPages Tutorials and Community

How To Reach 50000 Page Views In 60 Days Chapter 7

Updated on September 21, 2008

trying

My 50000 page views will be coming much later than I planned, but much sooner than it should and it will feel “ridiculously simple”.

Trying puts us into the top 30% of the world’s population. The remaining 70% don’t even try. It’s very good to want to do something. Better still, if you want to do it real bad. You could have thought about this something a dozen times. If you don’t try to get started, it is still only a thought. Once you get started, you’ll find the initial step either achievable or difficult. If the step one is easily achievable, most of us will have no problem moving on with the subsequent steps. The problem tends to arise when step one appears difficult or you are stuck there. Getting stuck from time to time is the rule of life, even from the start. Not too many babies are born without their heads or bottoms getting stuck for minutes and even hours at step one. Steps two, three and beyond are actually even more difficult. The good news is that you only have to make one step at a time, and the experience and skill we have acquired in the process becomes the basis for the next challenge.

Take standing as an example. It was absolutely the most impossible milestone for us. Please take note of the word “was”. Now we watch other babies try to stand in amusement. And if the babies are our very own John and Marie, we jump up and down, with tears running down our face when they succeed. We call our own parents to spread the good news. We then forget all about it and move on. Walking was another mission (almost) impossible; so was talking, reading, running, swimming, writing …. and so were all the other tasks we find easy now. It is going to be exactly the same with this next thing you want to do. On the locker door of a neurosurgeon I know, someone posted a comic strip portraying a nerd reading a book entitled “Neurosurgery made ridiculously simple”. It made me laugh over and over, whenever I saw my nerdy neurosurgeon friend read. Nonetheless, the comic strip was stating the truth. It brought to me the fact that almost any difficult skill might seem ridiculously simple to us if we have spent enough time doing it, hanging in through the hot and cold, and eating the elephant in thousands of small bites.

Why am I sharing about this? This is how I would reach my target of 50000 page views in time. I am almost certain that I won’t be making it by 1 October 2008. The attempt is failing as an isolated project. I am very glad that I started doing it as it had helped me to write more and study this activity of writing online. It was a fairly difficult step and now it looks like it will take me longer than the 60 days to do it. I shall be wrapping this up on 1 October, proudly declaring my failure. This hub serves as an interim declaration of little partial successes:

On day 1, my accumulative page view was 1447 and number of hubs written was. My hubscore was around 80. Today my page view is 4338, number of hubs written is 79. My current hubscore is around 95. I haven’t turned into a good writer yet. I have definitely turned into a more disciplined and rehearsed writer. My 50000 page views will be coming much later than I planned, but much sooner than it should and it will feel “ridiculously simple”.

Comments

    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    • Benson Yeung profile image
      Author

      Benson Yeung 9 years ago from Hong Kong

      Hi quicksand,

      thanks for following my posts and commenting.

    • quicksand profile image

      quicksand 9 years ago

      Good luck to you. :)

    • Benson Yeung profile image
      Author

      Benson Yeung 9 years ago from Hong Kong

      Dear all,

      my write-a-thon is officially over. I didn't achieve the 50000 page views. I'm glad that I started it and went for it. Thanks everyone for cheering me on.

    • blogit2050 profile image

      blogit2050 9 years ago from india

      nice one though

    • einron profile image

      einron 9 years ago from Toronto, Ontario, CANADA

      The important thing is that you tried. If you never tried, you would not know your capability. It is also good that you are ambitious for without ambition, you probably would not be a surgeon now. Never say die! All the best!

      God bless.

    • profile image

      teresaleung 9 years ago

      Dear Dr Yeung

      You write with your heart. Please keep on writing, thank you.