- HubPages Tutorials and Community
How to Add Your Tracker to your Hubpages RSS Feed
Introduction on Adding a Hubpages Tracker to Your Hubpages RSS Feed
I own a few websites outside of Hubpages, and have often wanted to use my Hubpages RSS feed on them. I also have several automatic updating sites such as Tumblr which automatically use an RSS feed to post links to my site updates Including Hubpages.
As most of you will know, Hubpages comes with a fantastic referral program which allows you to gain 10% of hubpages 40% cut of your referrals hubs ad impressions. Unfortunately, your Hubpages tracker which manages these referrals is not included in the RSS feed, this is especially annoying if, like me, you want to put the Hubpages RSS feed on to the same sites in which you post your Hubpages tracker ID's.
Fortunately I have found a particularly ingenious work around which I will share with my fellow hubbers here to day, which will allow you to add a Hubpages tracker to your Hubpages RSS Feed.
The Easy Way to Add Your Hubpages Tracker to Your Hubpages RSS Feed
- Make sure you have a Yahoo Account
- Go to http://pipes.yahoo.com
- Click 'Create a Pipe'
- On the left hand side you will see some buttons, drag and drop 'Fetch Feed' in to the top left of the workspace.
- Enter your Feed URL
- On the left hand side click Operators, and drag the box Regex in to the middle of the workspace.
- At the bottom of your fetch feed box there is a dot. drag this to the same dot on your Regex box.
- Do the same with your Pipe Output Box, linking it to the bottom.
- In the Regex box you will need to make the following changes
- In the 'Link' box change it to 'item:link'
- in the 'Replace' box type '/hub/'
- in the 'With' box type '/xxxxxxx/hub/' Replacing the x's with your own tracker ID (Make sure you include the '_' , for instance my tracker is '_bonus100'
Once you have followed these simple steps on how to add your Hubpages tracker to your Hubpages RSS feed you simply have to click save, and then 'Run Pipe' this will take you to an example of your feed, and show you your new feed address which will include your tracker ID.
This new feed URL can be used with everything from Feedburner to Tumblr.