- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Making Money on HubPages
How to Find Amazon Best Sellers for your Articles
© 2011 by Aurelio Locsin
Amazon is easily the world’s largest online retailer that can provide income to Hubpage authors. Books, toys, kitchen appliances, computers, clothing and almost any type of product you can name are available on the site’s list.
An easy way to take advantage of this resource is to write about Amazon’s best sellers, not just in books but in any of its products line. You can then put links to those products in your hubs. Here’s how you can find out what those best-selling products are.
1) Go to Amazon’s list of departments. A list of items appears in multiple columns, divided by category. Scroll through the page if necessary to find the category you want to write about.
2) Click the category in which you’re interested. For example, click Toys and Games. The Toys and Games page appears. The page is divided into three columns.
- Shopping categories.
- Featured categories and deals.
4) Click the item name to display the item’s descriptive page and find out more information about it. Otherwise, if you want to include this item in your hub, right-click the item name and then choose Copy Link Location from the popup menu. You can then paste this link in the Amazon capsule of your hub.
5) Click See All Best Sellers to display the top 100 best sellers broken into groups of 20.
- To page through this list, scroll down the web page and click the link for the next group of 20. Note that at the bottom of the web page is the RSS feed for these best sellers.
- To incorporate this feed into your hub, right click the orange Subscribe link and then choose Copy Link Location from the popup menu. Then paste the link into the RSS Capsule of your hub.
- How to Write an Amazon Sales Hub and Sell Amazon Items
Here are the basic steps to writing a sales hub.
- How to Increase Your Amazon Sales on Hubs and Blogs
You can dramatically increase your Amazon sales on your hubs and blogs by appealing to just three basic emotions of the reader.
- You've Finally Made An Amazon Sale! Now What?
You've finally made some Amazon sales. Congratulations! You made the sale. Now what? This is what to expect to get paid.
3) Scroll down the page until you find a box entitled Best Sellers in the third column. That title appears in orange, followed by the category Toys & Games in blue and then the line Updated Hourly. You can examine this list every hour to see what new items have become the top ten best sellers.
- The best selling items have the lowest numbers.
- The number of days an item has been in the top 100 is also listed.
- Items with green arrows have increasing sales. Items with red arrows have decreasing sales.
- The current price of the item on Amazon is also listed.