- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Improving Your Article
How to Write a Steller Hub
Creating Great Hubs
Creating Stellar Hubs: Search Engine Optimization Tips & Tricks
1. Write original content
2. Make it relevant (Write about a topic people want to read about)
3. Make it engaging: Use as many capsules as you can e.g. if it’s about destinations or attractions use map and photo capsules...if its tips and tutorials use quiz and polls etc and likewise
4. Try to make it more than 1000 words if it’s not a general tip like "How to write Meta description"
5. Write your summary to enhance user engagement. Give the zest of your Hub and why anybody should read it. That's what Hub Summary is all about i.e. its your meta description.
6. Choose appropriate category so that your Hub gets featured in its most relevant category. It's very useful when it comes to internal linking (from different popular and top level page hence more pagerank without much ado about link building)
7. Ask for comments and feedbacks. Answer the questions and update your Hub to accommodate the suggested improvements. Let it be dynamic.
8. Always go for customized URLS. That is when you are creating Hub and writing your title there's a URL building in the field above which you can customize. Remove all preposition from your URL. For example if you are writing 10 Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations in the World you could customize your URL to 10-most-popular-honeymoon-destinations-world
9. Use as many capsule as you can to target different keywords. Keywords are what a user type in the Google’s or yahoo's search box. e.g for if a search query is most haunted places in world you could use different capsules like The Myrtles Plantation: Most Haunted Place in USA, Bhangarh Fort: Most Haunted Place in India if you are writing Most Haunted Places on Earth.
10. Before you upload an image to your Hub make sure that you name or rename them appropriately. Don't have a Pyramids' photo named img000.jpg. Rename it as Pyramids of Egypt or the most appropriate name. Do write descriptive captions as it act as the alt tag and there's chance that your Hub may attract visitors through Google or Bing's image search.
I guess these are basic things and some more expert Hubbers could and would guide you in right direction for writing stellar Hubs but the basic and most important thing is that "Content is King". Format your hub in an engaging way...use bullets and lists and as strong and italics to engage user and you're on way to create stellar HUBS.