- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Increase your Hubpage Rankings: Be findable and earn more!
First Hub of MY 30/30 challenge! Let's do this!
Are you find-able? Meaning: if I search your name online, Will I find you?
Most writers think that by simply writing a few articles online, they are automatically indexed by Google. When in reality, it takes a little bit more work, to get your site indexed, and even more work to get your individual articles indexed as well.
But first, lets start off from the beginning: are you find able? To answer this question, you should try the following:
- 1. Think of ANY of the articles you've published on Hubpages, or any other website you write for.
- On a brand new page, Google the name of the article you chose, and hit enter!
- When looking at the options, did you find your article?
If the answer to this question was a "NO" like most writers have, then you may have a small problem! But, here's the silver lining: There's a solution! So, don't panic. I'm about to teach you how to be Find able, and how to get your articles Indexed by Google right away!
What you need to know!
So, if you are writing or reading this, it means that you have a genuine interest in One: making money online from your work, and two: having true success in this business. Let's be honest for a minute. Too many writers believe that the only way to make money is to write article after article, publish them, and then just cash out. Few writers actually take the time to put effort into their articles or Hubs, and make sure that they are successful in the long run. So, here's where the work gets more interesting, and a bit harder but also fun!
Getting indexed by Google can be a bit difficult, but in reality all that it takes is a bit of hard work. There are three things that you can do, right off the bat to make sure that your article has a good chance of getting Indexed by Google right after it's published!
- Write an informative article, with as much detail as possible. I tell this to my readers a lot, but many do not believe me when I say: EVERY DETAIL MATTERS. Google is ALWAYS Looking for quality content online. By that, I mean that Google is looking for articles that Have fresh, and new information that readers will like, and will help them. Think of it this way: Answer any question on the subject that you have. If you still have unanswered questions on about your article, its likely that your readers will have the same questions too. So, would you rather your readers come to you to answer any questions that they may have, or someone else? Its as simple as that!
- Do you like to share? In many cases, people do not like to share what belongs to them, but when it comes to writing online, SHARING IS YOUR FRIEND! In fact, the more you share, the more money you can possibly make! So, share your articles with as many websites, Friends, and even other writing websites. When you do this, Google sees the traffic add up, which means that it will automatically bring your Article higher up the chain of articles, and you will most likely be indexed faster, and come up more on search engines.
- Tools, Tools, and more tools.. There is nothing better than doing a job with the Right tools, to help the results come out GREAT. When it comes to writing, this also applies. Want to be find able online? Then use the tools that will help you get more views, and will help your readers find you with ease. Things such as Google keyword can help you be find able because it will give you specific keywords to put on your articles that will point readers straight to you! This is by far one of the easiest things you can do, and smartest! E-mail signatures, Blogs, your personal signature, and even comments, these are all Tools that you can use to your advantage. When you comment, leave your signature on it. When you write an email, post links to your work, and blogs. Get my drift?
You can be surprised how these simple tips can help you achieve the success online that you want. Any search engine will start to pick up your articles or Hubs whenever you work more. If you are constantly marketing your Articles, Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines, will pick you articles and place them according to how much traffic you get.
Not every article that gets thousands upon thousands of views will get picked up. WHY? Because the work has to be FRESH. Even if you wrote an article or Hub as early as last month, go back to it and see what you can add, subtract, change, cover etc. This in turn will help your readers know that you have the answers to the questions they have RIGHT now.