- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Do you click on ads on hubpages?
According to my online experience and my time spent with hubpages (going to be 3 years in October 2010) and other revenue sharing sites and blogs, I think that no one should click on other people's ads without any motive or interest in the product.
The reasons for not clicking on ads are:
1. These ads are served via adsense or kontera or any other advertising platform but real people I mean advertisers have invested money for showing them up on hubpages or any other sites. They pay the ad sites and ad sites pay to the publishers. Take it on yourself. If you would have been an advertiser and you find that someone is clicking on your ads without any reason, then how you would feel. For me, I will feel irritating and depressing and would like to switch off my ads from that advertising platform and turn to another site because unwanted ad clicking is wasting my money.
2. Most ads come up with the url of the site for which these ads are generated. Why don't you read the site address and type it in your browser and go through it. In this way, you are not clicking an ad, yours or others, and you are able to check out the product in which you are really interested. I admit to do this sometimes when I find some really interesting ads on my hubs.
3. Also on some rare occasions, I click on ads on hubpages on other's hubs whenever I find them really interesting or would like to gain some knowledge from that product or would like to really buy that product but that’s on a rare basis not frequently.
4. Clicking your fellow hubber’s ads will not make him/her rich but both your and his/her’s account will be on the verge of being terminated at any time without notice.
5. Click fraud occurs when you on click on your own ads or on other people’s ads without any real interest in the product but for just making you or him/her money out of this activity.
6. According to a recent survey, before the final termination of accounts of fraud ad clickers, some people experience overall low payout and decreased CPC or cost per click. This is an automated system used by advertising platforms like adsense, etc. to reduce the cost of per click on a page where the system has detected click fraud activities. For these people, most clicks give out only 0.01 cents each, so there is no profit and your hard work or if you have posted some articles will suffer.
7. According to a study, most people engaging in click fraud have a past experience of working on click ads make money, click ads for cash, click ads and get paid types of sites.
8. Most google adsense publishers lose their account due to engaging in click fraud activities. There are also some innocent publishers whose accounts get terminated due to a competitor clicking on their ads on a constant basis. If this is your case, I can help you out.
Some people experience abnormally increased click through rates (more than 5%) but decreased revenue. In this case, you can report to google adsense for invalid clicks here: https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/request.py?contact=invalid_clicks_contact
I have reported adsense for invalid clicks around 5 times in three years. This way helps in saving your account when you suspect that someone is in a habit of clicking ads on your account without reason.
Least but not last, the only advice I can give to a new hubber is that never ever engage in click fraud activities by clicking on fellow hubber’s ads without any interest in the product. This can lead to your and/or your fellow hubber’s adsense account closure without notice as explained in google adsense terms and conditions and you will never make any income from hubpages.