- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Getting Traffic for Your Articles
Best way to drive external and internal traffic to your hubs
Twenty steps for increasing good quality traffic to your hubs
1. First of all, follow all the sites via the SHARE IT button on the hubs you have written.
2. Join some forums outside of hubpages like if bodybuilding is your specialty, then go and share your ideas on other forums related to the same and write some useful posts with links to your hubs in the signing line.
3. Send regular e-mails to your friends when you publish some hubs but do not annoy them.
4. Write hubs on topics, which are rare and useful. Check the keywords for them on search engines like "google". Keywords with search results below 200000 will go up very fast rather than keywords, which are already used by many people.
5. Immediately after publishing a new hub, create a skeleton blog or article on blog sites like blogger.
6. Don't think only of making money. Write as if you want to help someone. How to hubs work very well. The money will roll in with more visitors.
7. Write useful comments on other hubber's hubs and attract visitors from there. This will help both of you, the other hubber and yourself.
8. Remember to ping your hub manually on pingoat or pingomatic after publishing.
9. Join new social bookmarking and social networking sites and write a good profile of yours with links to your hubs.
10. I have noted that many visitors come up to my hubs to look at pics and videos so definitely do that, though I have not got so much time to do that on my own in my most recent hubs, but I have done that in my previous hubs which are ranking very well in the search engines.
11. Use google analytics to check for keywords which are getting a good number of visitors and earning a decent amount of adsense revenue. You can do this by connecting adsense and analytics together. Now go ahead and write hubs on best performing keywords but remember do not write hubs, which are of no use.
12. Leave fan mails to other hubber's profile for more internal exposure to your profile and hubs.
13. Do not leave a link on any outside or inside web page without writing anything. Think and write and then paste a link because sometimes leaving a link without any use is really annoying for other site owners.
14. Try to write one good quality hub daily.
15. Sometimes writing on controversial topics gets many more visitors than you would have expected.
16. I have noticed that when we write hubs answering questions asked by other hubbers, it helps much more than publishing a hub directly.
17. Take time to read your hub after writing and before publishing.
18. Minimize grammatical errors to get good quality traffic on your hubs.
19. Sometimes you will see the traffic decreasing on your hubs. Do not worry and do not lose hope, it will increase when the search engine spiders will index your hubs next.
20. I have noticed that traffic to my hubs increases on Wednesdays as I think Tuesday is the day in the week when google spiders search the net and index new content from web sites.
These were some of the useful tips, which have helped me in increasing my adsense revenue from 10 dollars to 55 dollars per month in the last six months without knowing any SEO. Hope these will also assist you in increasing the traffic to your hub and adding up to your adsense earnings. Best of luck. Always remember hard work pays. I say that because it has paid me.