jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

FIXED: Amazon not providing image for subset of products

1. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

A lot of Amazon links are dropping because the capsules cannot get images from Amazon, apparently. Is this a glitch at HP's end?

I can't even link to the Amazon Fire HD (surely Amazon would get that product right?) and have been obliged to use my own affiliate code in a text link.

Using Windows 7 and Chrome.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image74
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for taking the time to report it.
      We are aware of an issue related to Amazon not showing prices for some items.  Perhaps these issues are related.

Can you provide some specific examples? (product numbers, etc that are returning the error)

2. Matthew Meyer profile image74

@Will We have added some features to deal with the situation where Amazon does not provide an image.  We now have a filler image when one is not provided.

Through our investigation we found that sometimes Amazon has multiple listing for the same products and sometimes one has images and the other does not.  So if you do see out filler image, you might try to see if there is another product listing for the same item.

1. Will Apse profile image89
        Will Apseposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, for that. I will check my pages (been away a few days).

2. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

This search brings up a lot of results for 'not supplying a price' as well as 'not supplying an image':

site:hubpages.com 'Amazon is not providing us with an image for this item. Therefore it can not be displayed.'

The strange thing is that, today, at least, there does not seem to be as much of an issue. Many of the pages in that search have all their ads working. Some do not.

I still can't get an ad to work for this page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GF … 28-5796551

Perhaps it is some sort of category page.

By the way, all of my previous issues with Chrome and XP seem to be resolved. So thanks, if you were involved in that.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image74

Hi Will. 

I was able to reproduce the issue you are experiencing.
      The info so far seems to indicate it is an issue on Amazon's end.
      I have sent this to our engineering team so they can look into it further.

Closed to reply

working