jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

How can I find out if my article is copied by others?

1. Ratatosk profile image58
    Ratatoskposted 4 years ago

I have deleted all of my web sites but still have my articles. If I wanna publish them here now how can I find out if they are still unique to the search engines? In my former HP account I got the information once that one of my hubs is detected as duplicate. But it was my very own article and so finally my property was duplicated without knowing this. I was not allowed to publish my own article ´cause of this.

So how can I test and find out, if my article is somewhere in the net still after I removed all of my sites?

1. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure what accurate tests there are- we have an internal dupe checking system, so what really matters is what *that* sees. The best thing is to wait a minimum of seven days. big_smile

Ratatoskposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It seems to me that you are the only one working right now ;-)
        I get all my answers only from you. Nice :-)

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If your work was stolen and duplicated elsewhere you may be out of luck now.  Having deleted your own articles, you can no longer prove that it was the original and the the others were stolen - you will likely find that filing DMCA's won't work because of that.

Of course, if you are just looking for other copies that YOU put up and forgot about, do a search for a phrase from the article, in quotes.  It should return anything it finds with that phrase.

Isn´t there any proper software or service online to do this research?

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Copyscape will work, as will others.  I've got a recent hub devoted to finding and getting copies taken down, and there are a few suggestions in it for commercial software to find copies.

Truthfully, though, if you've got only a few hubs, you can do it yourself and probably will very nearly as good a result.  Nothing is going to find everything, and the google index probably has the most information about what's out there than anything else.

Thank you, that looks good :-)

working