jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Ebay Revenue

1. profile image0
    kims3003posted 4 years ago

In March a reader of one of my hubs purchased a wedding dress from Ebay.  The following is the information listed on my account:

eBay Revenue and Sales By Hub

Hub     RPM*     Page Views     Sales     Revenue     Page Views     Sales     Revenue
    Designer Bridal Dresses: Claire Pettibone    $2763.14    35    1    $96.71    932    1    $96.71
         $2763.14     35     1     $96.71     932     1     $96.71
    eBay Revenue    Item Name and Hub    Click Date
    $96.05
    +$0.66    AUTHENTIC Claire Pettibone Crescent Dia White Sheath Couture Bridal Gown 10 NEW
    from the Hub Designer Bridal Dresses: Claire Pettibone    Mar 23, 2013

Can someone please tell me how much I earned? Did I earn the 66 cents or the $96.05?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Neither one.  You are in the eBay sales reports, which can have valuable information for you (what sold, what hub produced the sale) but which does not have your income listed.

On the stats page, go to "earnings" and "earnings reports".  Under "report type" set the drop down tab to "ebay program" rather than "all programs".  You will find your daily earnings there.

Don't get your hopes up; you are paid by the click, not as a commission on a sale.  It won't be much.

1. profile image0
        kims3003posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you are right. Thanks for helping me with this. It sure is a shame that I did not earn the commission of the $95.00 or so or even a smaller amount instead of only pennies. Do you know who receives that $95?

2. dwachira profile image84
      dwachiraposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi kims3003,
      Congrats for making a sale that high. It is discouraging that one can make such a big sale on eBay and earn very little. eBay pays per click and my suggestion is that you include eBay capsules with products of low prices ($5 - $100) that readers would get encouraged to click and find out. That way you can earn a few cents per day on clicks, but those cents sum up to few $$ at the end of the month. I wish you success. smile

1. profile image0

Thanks for the helpful advise.

2. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 4 years ago

Ebay receives the 95 dollars. What that 95 dollars will do is cause ebay to recalculate your earnings per click. With ebay, you earn a set amount of money per click your recieve which is recalculated daily based on your overall effectiveness.  I think. I'm really unclear about how ebay earnings are calculated after being rolled in with HubPages.

1. profile image0

Thanks for the informative information - helps me to understand a bit better.

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Holy Hot Dog! I just discovered I made an eBay sale this month! And I was on the verge of deleting all those capsules. Happy Camper Day. big_smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Woot! Congrats, PDS. big_smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I've already contacted CNN and Fox News and told them I was available for interviews.

working