jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Webmaster URL removal tool

1. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

Using the URL removal tool in Webmaster Tools. Do I just use the "remove from search and cache" option or "remove directory" option?

I want to remove a couple of my hubs URLs so I can republish them sooner than having to wait three weeks to a month, but an confused as which option is better.

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I use the "remove from search and cache" option. Personally, I'd go nowhere near that directory option...

Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Paradignsearch, I opted not to use that option either since I have no idea what it does.

The the cache also removed, do you think I can re-post the article immediately? I did a search and cant find any traces of it.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your guess is as good as mine. There's still all the other search engines, etc. to consider. If you're posting to another content site, and they suddenly become perturbed, you can explain to them about your transferring your article from HP. Maybe even tell them in advance before you publish. It's all we can do. Whatever happens, happens. smile

Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm republishing here. I am switching some of my video hubs. I realize that video hubs don't show up in search as articles and my hubs are primarily articles. I republished them and got no warning from HP! I hope it stays that way...lol

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
            paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HP has been through this before. If the filter does squawk, and you explain to them what you did, they're quite amendable. big_smile

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

It takes about 24 hours for the removal tool to confirm the URL has been removed, then you can immediately republish (just log in to the removal tool and it will clearly show the status of the URL so you can see if the removal has been completed or not yet).

working