jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Notifications still show when logged out. (as designed)

1. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

When I am logged out, I still see a count of notifications and am able to list the notifications. This occurs after I've timed out on the 'remain logged in for 48 hours'. The login box retains my username but I have to log back in.

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's because of Mr. Cookie. If it's deliberate on HP's part, I'm personally fine with it. smile

1. SimeyC profile image89
        SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

big_smile Hey - it's nothing to do with me! I thought I got away with being called Cookie back in school - and now I get blamed for this! Harummmmphhhh! big_smile I still have to talk to my shrink about being accused of being a 'monster'.

At least I had some power with the 'Simon Says' game!!!

2. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yikes- thanks for pointing that out, SimeyC! Matt will take a closer look as soon as he gets in.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just followed up with the engineering team and the authentication system is working as designed.

There are two levels of authentication and time periods associated with each. 
      One of them lasts 48 hours, the other 30 days.  In general you need to be within the 48 hour period to post, comments, publish, edit, etc.

So as @WryLilt pointed out if all you are doing is browsing and reading, then you may not need to login actively for up to 30 days, but will be asked to login for some actions.

There are also cases where you will be asked to login more often (shared IP, much activity from the same IP, etc.)

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. That makes sense smile

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Don't know if it's relevant but I can browse "as me" but as soon as I want to comment or post on something, it will ask me to login, when the 48 hours is up.

working