jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (26 posts)

Google and Duplicate Content

1. DrMark1961 profile image93
    DrMark1961posted 3 years ago

If I post an article on the site "Post any article" that has already appeared on Bubblews (an exact duplicate), will it affect the standing of my hubs with Google?

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Google says they don't like duplicate content. All talk and no action, I'm afraid. Basically, they give credence to the site with the most authority.

Will it affect your original hubs? I would say no because having Google authorship does not prove you are the writer because plenty plagiarists also have Google authorship.

2. DrMark1961 profile image93
    DrMark1961posted 3 years ago

Sorry to bump this, but does anyone out there in Hubland have a reply? Even a nasty comment would be okay.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, Will's up.

1. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

To no good elsewhere.

Sorry Mark, I have no idea of Bubblers or Post Any etcs TOS. I am not aware of Google keeping a blacklist of posters of duplicate content that happens to be their own. It would come as a shock, lol.

DrMark1961posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, that is exactly what I was worried about: Does the all-knowing Google keep a black list for duplicate content.

2. DrMark1961 profile image93

You´ve been at this all day, Beth. (I know because I have been wasting time here all day.) Dont you ever have to go to work?

1. profile image0

It's a day off... My daughter hasn't felt good today so we've been watching Ted Talks and a show called The Cape... I just can't watch TV without doing something else too, so I end up playing scrabble and checking the forum here. It has not been an exciting day, but it's nice when we're all in the same room together, we're usually going in 4 different directions.

That does sound nice, and better than my day. (The beaches are covered with tourists--it is summer vacation for almost everyone this week--and I do not have any work and dont want to deal with the crowds out there.)

1. profile image0

How dare you. You live on the beach and you're complaining? I love the beach. I'm defriending you. Wait, we're not on FB. Well Im considering leaving you some negative fan mail.

Wait, dont they have that "switch-a-house" program where you live? I´ve always wanted to spend a New Years in Tennesee.

1. profile image0

Does the house have to be clean? Cause we could fool you, I think, if you agree not to go upstairs.

Oh, I am used to a little mess. Dog hair in every room, parrot feathers all over the house, goose "greenies" in my front room, and when it rains my chickens come in to get out of the water. You can imagine what they do when they stand around for awhile.

2. IzzyM profile image86
                    IzzyMposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Have you ever heard the term 'staying on topic' being used, regarding to threads?

working