jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

New Blog Post: Winter Trends

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago

If you're looking for subjects to write about, check out this week's latest HubPages Blog Post on taking advantage of trending topics this winter. Happy Hubbing!

1. Earl Noah Bernsby profile image87
      Earl Noah Bernsbyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks CK.  One question, though:  I noticed that alcoholic beverages are included in the blog list.  I had planned on doing a Hub about the history of Iron City beer once upon a time, but I thought that anything that could be indirectly construed as an endorsement for alcohol was frowned on here?  Perhaps I misunderstood the finer points of the rule.

Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good question!  Alcoholic beverages are not among our restricted topics, so writing about the history of beer should be perfectly OK so long as the Hub contains no other violations. smile

2. Writer Fox profile image77
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Except for news websites, it is far too late to expect a webpage to rank for the Superbowl or the Winter Olympics.  You have to post at least six weeks in advance of major events to hope to rank on Google during the week of the event or holiday.  I sincerely hope that Hubbers don't waste their time writing Hubs on either of those topics right now.

Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Google also mentioned the shareability of those topics and their viral potential on social media.

1. Writer Fox profile image77
          Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Out of 891,273 Hubs, how many have "gone viral" on social media?  Google is trying to find more pages on which to post ads.  I still think people shouldn't waste their time writing Hubs on these topics at this late date.

1. susi10 profile image94
            susi10posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I was thinking to write a hub on the Winter Olympics. Do you really think it is late? I have written hubs about events (such as the Olympics for example) the night before and I have still received a nice spike in traffic from these hubs.

2. Earl Noah Bernsby profile image87
    Earl Noah Bernsbyposted 3 years ago

Sweet.  A whole world of hops-infused Hub ideas are dancing before my eyes ...  At least, I think that's what those sparkly things are! (I may, or may not, have imbibed a little too much in the name of "research." *hiccup*)

3. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

FULL BODY SCANS AT  AIRPORTS:

TSA disclosed the following Airport Screening Results

December 2013 Statistics On Airport Full Body Screening From CATSA :

Terrorists Discovered: 0

Transvestites: 133

Hernias: 1,485

Hemorrhoid Cases: 3,172

Enlarged Prostates: 8,249

Breast Implants: 59,350

Natural Blondes: 3

Should be a hub topic somewhere in there... big_smile

1. TDowling profile image83
      TDowlingposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good one, paradigmsearch!

2. Earl Noah Bernsby profile image87
      Earl Noah Bernsbyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Lol, I'm a natural blonde, but I haven't flown since the new TSA security measures were implemented; so, I may be lying and the Federal Government would have no way of knowing!

... Actually, since they track forum conversations, emails, phone calls, browsing activity, and internet purchases now, they probably already know more about my natural hair color than I do! yikes

4. electronician profile image87
    electronicianposted 3 years ago

I'm happy to see that most of my writing comes under two topics which are expected to have high CPMs in February - Technology and Personal Finance. Hopefully this will pay off for me!

working