jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

sitemap

1. tony55 profile image80
    tony55posted 3 years ago

hello
    One of Google requirement is setting up a sitemap both for search engine use and visitors to the hub. i have already setup sitemap for my hub at Google webmaster tool but i am unsure how to setup one for my hubs and if it is necessary. i have grouped my hubs into categories yet no change in the sitemap status for visitors and i read somewhere that maybe i should use a hub for this purpose.HELP

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm a bit confused as you state that you did setup a sitemap for Google WMT, but then are asking about using sitemaps?

Perhaps you can explains the question with more details and I can try to assist you further.

tony55posted 3 years ago in reply to this

hello Matthew Meyer
        This is the message i keep getting . This website is not following sitemap for users guidelines "Offer a site map to your users with links that point to the important parts of your site. If the site map has an extremely large number of links, you may want to break the site map into multiple pages.
        I have placed a sitemap in my Google webmaster tool and it seems to work fine yet when i scan my site with their feedthebot tool the message keep appearing. which means there is something more i need to do on my site.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
          Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If Google WMT tools has no issues with the XML site map, then I would assume it is fine.  I am not familiar with "feedthebot".

tony55posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.

working