jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Will hubs published by well established hub authors be indexed sooner?

1. Maggie.L profile image83
    Maggie.Lposted 3 years ago

Will new hubs published by longer more well established hub authors carry more authority - in the eyes of Google - than new hubs published by newcomers?

1. janshares profile image90
      jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure if it's Google or HP but yes, hubs don't take as long to get featured the longer you've been hubbing. The more quality hubs you have overtime, it will take maybe two hours compared to as long as a day for newcomers. HP determines how soon the hub gets featured after its published and Google determines indexing and "authority," I think.

2. Maggie.L profile image83

Thanks janshares. I hadn't realised that HP featured hubs from established hub authors sooner. This a good reason for me to get my head down and publish more hubs.

I'm still wondering whether hubs from established hub authors will carry more authority with Google than hubs of equally high quality from newcomers or less established authors?  I'm pretty clueless when it comes to Google but just wondered if anyone else had any idea how this works?

1. janshares profile image90
      jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome, Maggie.L. Hopefully, one of the veteran hubbers will weigh in.

2. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HubPages shows pages to Google (Featured) or they don't (not Featured) and they either tell Google to follow the links on the page (author score of 85+) or they tell them to not follow the links (below 85).  Whatever Google decides after that is up to Google.

3. Maggie.L profile image83

Relache, many thanks for your very clear, easy to understand explanation. I'm learning something new every day here! I  really appreciate the time you and other experienced hubbers take to help us learners out in the forum.

working