jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Quality Hubs

1. amkatee profile image79
    amkateeposted 3 years ago

This is the elusive subject that I continue to struggle with and yes sometimes resentful.  I'm here, searching around, getting ideas, and I hop on the hub of the day.  First thing on the page is a broken picture link with several more following.  I just don't get it and I don't intend to start a rant.  I've been in a fog for quiet a while now.  I'm going to challenge myself to write a hub a day. Maybe just maybe I can make something of this.  While I don't want a money making scheme, I simply want to make a living. Maybe I should change my profile name to Raise The Roof because that's my goal. A new roof for my house! Anyway, sorry if this ended up a bit of a rant.  It just continues to baffle me after seeing it on Squidoo and now here.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image93
      Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The site was having issues this weekend. Hopefully they have cleared up now.

2. lisavollrath profile image97
      lisavollrathposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The broken images are part of a known issue. You can keep up with it here:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/125323

I jumped over to your profile page. You may want to run your bio through a spell-checker. I caught a couple of typos (realm, rambunctious). Quality content includes careful checking of everything we write.

1. amkatee profile image79
        amkateeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Might want to check your spelling as well since rambunctious is spelled correctly.  My brain often misses things such as misspellings.  Spell check is my friend. I have difficulty with simple words and struggle at times.  But thanks for pointing that out. 

I don't assume I'll make millions at all.  I've been at this for 6 years now so I know what goes into this.  I wish I was as brilliant a writer as many here, but I trudge along.  My pet peeve is seeing hubs(lenses on squidoo) that are not up to par being featured.  I would think those on the front page would need to have good quality and at least have working links!

1. profile image0
          calculus-geometryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

On your profile page the word rambunctious is missing the letter "n" in both instances of the word.

2. lisavollrath profile image97
          lisavollrathposted 3 years agoin reply to this

In your profile, rambunctious is spelled rambuctious. Twice.

I've seen the HOTD discussed several times since transferring from Squidoo, and the collective opinion seems to be that the quality is somewhat variable. Some days, it's a real winner, and others, we're left scratching our heads. Don't focus too much on this. Just write the best hubs you can write, and work on building your own traffic. After all, you have a roof to raise!

3. amkatee profile image79
          amkateeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

ha...see..I read it both times and still my brain skipped over the n. I even typed it into a spell checker.

2. clivewilliams profile image82
    clivewilliamsposted 3 years ago

The Hub of the day as far as i have seen it is not necessary the most exceptional hub. Maybe it is just an interesting topic that the editors like. Remember that editors are humans and thus prone to their own beliefs and critique. And the hub of the day doesn't necessary mean that you will be making millions!

3. amkatee profile image79
    amkateeposted 3 years ago

thanks for the input.  Sorry if I seem a little defensive or ranting some.  I was in the middle of my hub on dysfunctional families so I think I'm mentally in a vulnerable spot at the moment.

working