jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

I hope HP doesn't allow video ads.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure virtually all visitors really hate those. I've even tossed them off my own websites.

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I used to use an ad program on one of my sites and they ran those video ads, with audio. They were obnoxious and the bad thing was, I have videos on many of the articles on that site and the ads would totally interfere. I couldn't go check one of my pages without being bombarded by one of those ads, so I can imagine a visitor would have hated it.

Needless to say, I also tossed that ad program. Those ads are almost as bad as popups and popunders and poparounds, popovers, poptarts, pop n fresh, poppies, pops...

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

I agree...  and I hate the pop up ads that block the article until you respond.
    yikes

paradigmsearchposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I've actually made a post on my main website listing the websites that do that. I called it "Websites Hall of Shame". lol

1. God shet profile image60
        God shetposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Looks like you're quite versed with websites

Every time I stumbled across one, I just added it to the list.

2. neosurk profile image90
        neosurkposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I know that website, bummer it doesn't have a name big_smile . I visited it a few weeks back.

2. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Those are illegal ads and should be reported to admin.

3. neosurk profile image90
    neosurkposted 2 years ago

Also, this! I never watch those ads.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2a/5a/91/2a5a91325b5b123a2fc6fa9301a1d774.jpg

4. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Jeez, I just noticed HP is doing auto-executing video ads all over the place. And sure enough, it is screwing things up. People can't scroll, comment, close the tab, etc. because of bandwidth issues. Oh, well... At least the sound blasting attribute is turned off

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 2 years agoin reply to this

The other day I started using adblock plus because of those anyclip ads here that were freezing up my computer. It works well, by the way, adblock plus; it's a Firefox add-on. Only thing is, ironically, adblock plus slows down my computer everywhere else I go on the Net. So I shut it off most of the time but turn it on when I come to HP.

So that's what those anyclip forum threads were about. Thanks to your reply I finally went and read some of those threads. And I saw that post by someone who blamed our computers as the problem; when, in fact, it's the bandwidth hogging that is causing the problem. My guess is that wi-fi users are quickly learning to hate any site that uses these ads. Even those incompetents at Bubblews learned not to use these ads last time I looked, which admittedly has been awhile.

5. Pico Triano profile image85
    Pico Trianoposted 2 years ago

I hate them because they slow my computer way down. I have unlimited Internet but it doesn't do me any good when the stupid pages are taking forever to load.

working