jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Castle Gwynn in Tennessee

1. KathrynDarden profile image80
    KathrynDardenposted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Castle Gwynn in Tennessee. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. DrMark1961 profile image94
      DrMark1961posted 2 years ago

I enjoyed reading about this castle! More experienced hubbers might have more helpful comments, but my only suggestion is that you change those Amazon products. They look very spammy since they are not related to the castle you are writing about.
      Recently Google has been penalizing HP for products that are not directly related (like the Taylor Swift song, which features the castle in the video but is not about castle) so the QAP has been tougher when assessing links. Try removing the links and submitting again to see if it goes through QAP.
      Interesting hub, and I enjoyed your pictures.

KathrynDardenposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. How do I earn money on my hubs if they have no products for sale? Because there are not any Castle Gwynn products on Amazon

DrMark1961posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I wish I had the answer to that. I make a small income every month through page views, but am not sure if this hub will ever have enough views to make any decent money.
          One way I earn more is by having plenty of pages. That way, if most only get 50 per day (some none, some several hundred) then it all balances out. A few of my hubs also have related Amazon products so I make a sale or two every week.
          If there are no specific Castle Gwynn products, how about limiting it to just two capsules that are related to capsules? Maybe that will make the QAP team happier.
          I wish I could be more help here!!!

Thank you for the response. I am a switchover from Squidoo and have no idea how Hub Pages work, nor do I have time to rewrite 100 Squidoo lenses done over several years to make them fit here, so this is all new and frustrating to me. I do not understand what this means: "just two capsules that are related to capsules."

DrMark1961posted 2 years agoin reply to this

They made a blog post that the articles previously considered okay were now considered "spammy" by Google, so they no longer allowed Amazon capsules unless they were strictly related to the text. I think that is why they are "unfeaturing for quality" some ex-Squidoo articles previously considered okay.
              When you made the comment about how the article is going to earn without Amazon capsules, I suggested you limit it to only two Amazon capsules, and both of them only about castles (not the Taylor Swift album, for example. I meant to write castles for the second word, not capsules!)

OK, thank you for your help!

working