jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: 5 Tips for Buying Clothes Online Like a Pro

1. profile image0
    lookbookstorecoposted 2 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub 5 Tips for Buying Clothes Online Like a Pro (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Turn it into 10 tips. That's my tip smile

Three of your five are to do with sizing. What about payment? Ticking the box so that the store doesn't hold your card details? How about buying for others? Children?

Make more of the reviews - they are really, really important to many people. How to know whether to trust reviews at all. There's loads more you can add to this. Don't settle for less - give people what they need and want to know.

Why do you add 'like a pro' to the title? It adds nothing and could be making it seem spammy.

Don't forget that you have an international audience. The sizing you give means nothing to me here in the UK, yet we all buy clothes too. Too many hubbers think that they are only writing for a US audience. Nothing could be further from the truth. There are many Brits, Europeans, Canadians, Aussies, Asians, South Americans and Africans on HP.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Number one: it's way too short.

Number two: the article links back to your own fashion-boutique web page (the same one your name-drop in the "bio" section of your profile-page). Using HubPages to advertise your business is a no-no. Read the Terms of Service.

Number three: Ummm... well, that's pretty much it, I guess.

3. profile image0
    ARaineyposted 2 years ago

I agree, this article is way too short.

4. Fahsionboots profile image47
    Fahsionbootsposted 2 years ago

After you add more content e.g. more writing about buying on-line add a video, a quiz and a poll e.g. do u prefer to shop 1. in a physical shop/store 2. on-line  3. I don't like clothes shopping ...you could even add a map if you want the public to know where a famous shop is like e.g. Harrods in the UK. and as FFCat said they don't like too much advertising or having links into your store but sometimes it depends who reviews your hub. I have been trying to get my hub Women's Fashion Boots featured for months now and just about to give up.as I don't know what they really want me to change/improve.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Well, looky that...the original poster has been banned. (shrugs)

1. WriteAngled profile image84
      WriteAngledposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Oddly enough, the hub is still there...

1. FatFreddysCat profile image99
        FatFreddysCatposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps HP is leaving its carcass on display as a grim warning to others (heh heh heh)...

1. DasEngel profile image61
          DasEngelposted 2 years agoin reply to this

lol

working