jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Why is my page considered a duplicate? How can I check?

1. iijuan12 profile image87
    iijuan12posted 21 months ago

I created YouTube videos this weekend for an article I was writing. My video descriptions were quite similar to what I posted on my hubpage, so my hub was not published due to duplicate content. I deleted and re-wrote everything under my YouTube video descriptions. Then I re-submitted my hub for approval. I again received notification that my page will still remain unpublished because of duplicate content. To my knowledge, there isn't any duplicate content. Since I just wrote everything on Saturday, I doubt that it has been copied by someone else. What can I do?

iijuan12posted 21 months ago in reply to this

I don't know if you will be able to see the page or not, but this is the link: http://hubpages.com/education/My-Homeschool-Schedule .

Will the hub editors know that the content is no longer in my YouTube video descriptions, or will they simply view the fact that I did not change my information in my hub article?

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
        Christy Kirwanposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Please email us for more information. We don't discuss duplicate content issues in the public forums. team@hubpages.com

I did. Thank you!

2. flpalermo profile image27
    flpalermoposted 21 months ago

I stopped writing for Hub Pages because they consider almost half my articles "duplicate"

1. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 21 months ago in reply to this

For the obvious reason that too much of the hub is direct quotation from another source (the Bible).  You may not like the rule, but it is a pretty straightforward one.

working