I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my hub, please. What can I do to improve?
http://hubpages.com/health/Separation-A … n-Children
Here are the issues that I see with your hub:
1. You are mixing up your tenses. "As they grew up" should be "As they grow up." There are several instances of mixed tenses throughout the piece.
2. Your first sentence is awkward... maybe it would sound better as "Most children are clingy when young." Fewer words are always better. Go through your writing and delete unnecessary words.
3. Your poll question should be, "Have you ever faced anxiety?"
4. Punctuation problems. Make sure there is a space after a full stop/period.
5. Capitalisation - Low Self Esteem and Self Confidence, only the L should be capitalised.
6. Your second poll - Not a good question. Perhaps use "Is this article helpful?"
7. "Information provided are for based on the Author's knowledge and it is meant for general information purposes only...." Should read "This article is based on the author's experience and does not constitute medical, or professional advice on this subject."
General: copy the text into a word processing program and use spellcheck to find the missing spaces. You could also try an online grammar checker to tidy up the text. Example:
"To learn the complexity of his anxiety, we need to allow him to speak more without interrupting with advises. When the children notice that he got listened to, then they will open up slowly. It becomes comparatively easy for the parents once they learned about his fears to deal with his anxiety. A child needs time to get back his confidence and self-esteem, we need them rather than isolating them in a closed room."
That paragraph is all over the place. Read it out loud and you might pick up the problems.
You mentioned 'studies' in the second paragraph. What studies? Where, and carried out by whom? You must be specific when relying on studies to add weight to your article.
As far as the actual topic is concerned... the part where you say, "There are no prevention measures for separation anxiety..." Well you don't actually know that, do you? Perhaps if parents are aware that it could be an issue, they can take steps to socialise their child and get him/her used to being with other people from a young age. That's what we did with our three and never had a problem.
Hope that helps
by Arun Raj2 years ago
I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub http://hubpages.com/health/Separation-A … n Children. What can I do to improve?...
by Kristin Trapp6 years ago
Does anyone know if beagles have worse separation than other breeds of dogs?I just went on a walk with my daughter and beagle. My daughter went inside a house to babysit and our beagle went insane - crying and howling...
by Jennifer Kessner3 years ago
What do you do with a cat who has separation anxiety?Prince Fredward is used to me being home all day, and since I've been busier the past week or so, he's been vomiting while I'm gone. He eats dust constantly and is...
by Michelle Liew5 years ago
How do you help a dog with separation anxiety?
by alexandriaruthk5 years ago
What can we do to ease child's separation anxiety when it is their first time to go school?Most children experience anxiety when it is their first time to go to school. How can we ease this and reassure them that it...
by kaltopsyd7 years ago
How do I lower my puppy's separation anxiety?Whenever I walk out of the room, my puppy cries. (She's only been here for 2 days). The problem is, I can't go to bed or else she turns in the night and discovers me gone....
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.