jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Topic is already extensively covered online

1. eugbug profile image100
    eugbugposted 5 months ago

So my article from Hubpages wasn't chosen for Dengarden, and I was given four reasons from which I could take my pick. I think it was this one:

"...is about a very general topic that is already extensively covered on Dengarden or elsewhere online. Perhaps you can add a new spin on the topic to make it your own. If your article is a popular (e.g., chocolate chip cookies) recipe, adding gorgeous, original, step-by-step photos is a great way to make it stand out from the rest"

Now I don't think the topic is covered extensively on Dengarden, so it seems it's because there are too many similar articles elsewhere online. I didn't have this problem when I submitted a photography tips hub (which is probably an extensively covered topic).
    Is this something new?

2. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 5 months ago

No it isn't new. I us litter a hub to Deliciably about a year ago, and HP said it would be accepted if I deleted a poem from the hub. I wouldn't do that but I moved the poem to the end so readers could choose to read it or not. When I resubmitted it I received the same reply you got....too extensively covered already.

3. paperfacets profile image93
    paperfacetsposted 5 months ago

Your guess for the reason is probably 25% correct.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image98
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 months ago

It is a standard reply I think. for an article they choose not to move, for whatever reason. I recently got a similar message, but I guess I deleted it. I can't find it now. Anyway, in going over the reasons, I didn't think any of them really fit my article very well.

It was about a very specific topic, and I could not find any other articles about it on the Internet at all.

They mentioned that it might not be of interest to people who didn't know me, and it did include a little story of my own. I thought it was cute, and no more interesting to my family than it would be to stranger. I only included it because I was giving a little technical tip that would have been very short without a background story.

Perhaps they didn't think there were enough people looking for that subject, or they just didn't think it was very good (they don't include that last one as a reason).

Oh well, you can't win them all. This is the first article I have submitted that hasn't been moved.

working