jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

My latest hub triggered a weeb nerve

1. Mamerto profile image88
    Mamertoposted 7 weeks ago

I posted my latest hub in Facebook. It is not a good hub but somehow it got featured (who knows if it got grammar problems). Some diehard anime fans called it ignorant, nevertheless I love the reaction. It means that lousy hub could dig deep.

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

lol

2. NessMovieReviews profile image83
    NessMovieReviewsposted 7 weeks ago

Haha, that's great I suppose, however without reading it (and I will shortly) don't you want them as fans rather than haters?

3. Mamerto profile image88

I'm not sure but I could use a hater too. At least someone read my hub. I will reply with thankyou for dropping by

1. NessMovieReviews profile image83
      NessMovieReviewsposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

I can't tell which one it might be - it is the toy one or the fighting one?

4. Mamerto profile image88

Actually here's the link below. He must be a huge fan of the anime I debunked hehe:

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Why- … ible-Mecha

5. NessMovieReviews profile image83
    NessMovieReviewsposted 7 weeks ago

Hahah I actually found that article very funny and well put together. I can see that maybe its unfeatured due to some grammatical errors with 'tenses' and the official title is not in its proper capitals.. but if it gets traffic and the editors notice it, they may just fix it for you.
    I can see why fanatics would be upset - its cool to be offended now days - lol. Let us know the next time something like this happens as its nice to see some new 'news' on the forum and get to read something I wouldn't normally read.

Mamertoposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks for checking my hub! And the tip you gave is very helpful. As of now more fanboys are on the move to mob my hub on Facebook, but on the bright side my hub is a living and breathing entity now.

1. NessMovieReviews profile image83
        NessMovieReviewsposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

Awesome to hear. I like posting mine in Twitter too. Maybe infiltrate an anime facebook group and post it there also.
        Goodluck!

6. Mamerto profile image88

Thanks!

7. Jeremy Gill profile image87
    Jeremy Gillposted 7 weeks ago

You and I both love Evangelion, but that doesn't mean we can't acknowledge its flaws.

I wasn't offended in the slightest; heck, I agree with many points, especially #4. Having a specific age of pilots who have to pilot the mechs (for reasons that are perhaps hinted at but never explained fully) is quite odd.

8. Mamerto profile image88

Thanks Jeremy! I'm also a Gundam fan but I thought it is stupid at some point. But then flaws could sometimes make a series smile

1. Jeremy Gill profile image87
      Jeremy Gillposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

You're welcome! Gundam's an anime I've always wanted to watch but never known where to start. Does one particular Gundam series shine above the others?

Mamertoposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

They all look the same for me, but gundam zeta, wing, double zero and IBO are said to be classic smile

working