jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Should my mom's songs be in a separate article, as one email said?

1. Ivan Hernandez profile image86
    Ivan Hernandezposted 5 days ago

Hello, Hubbers. I'm looking for a place to put my mom's songs, but I need a separate article to put it on. What would be the correct title for my mom's songs? If you've got any ideas, then spill the beans.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 5 days agoin reply to this

I don't think Hubpages allows you to post other people's material.

1. poppyr profile image93
        poppyrposted 4 days agoin reply to this

That depends on how he posts them, though. If he embeds a YouTube video, it's completely fine.

2. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 4 days agoin reply to this

It'll be fine if he has his mother's permission. There was a writer here a few months ago who paid someone to write an article for him. As far as I know it was approved. As long as it is original, HP won't care.

Ivan Hernandezposted 4 days agoin reply to this

The trouble is that my mom's songs are in Spanish, and I am (sort of) a good translator of songs written in Spanish. What do I do?

psycheskinnerposted 4 days agoin reply to this

You decide whether this is good hub content.  If you decide it is, you get your Mom to give you written permission to translate and post this material on Hubpages.  Then you do it.

Ivan Hernandezposted 4 days agoin reply to this

Got my mom's permission. I called her over the phone and she said ok.

You should get it in writing or audio-recording, a verbal assurance will not be acceptable to editors if they request proof that you hold the rights to publish the material online.

2. psycheskinner profile image80

Indeed, but that means having a written permission from the rights holder to show if editors request it.  They are most likely to "request" it by failing the hub on QAP and then the hubber having to follow up and demonstrate legal compliance.  This might be prevented by making the permission explicit in the hub.

working