jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How to make my article more visible to people?

1. Sudhir Devapalan profile image85
    Sudhir Devapalanposted 8 weeks ago

I enjoy writing articles but I am not too good at making them available to others. How do I try to increase the page views? I need to know if my articles are really good and if need to improve in any aspect.

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

Hi Sudhir,

I occasionally pin my articles on Pinterest, but rarely do anything else to publicise them. I have found the best way is to focus on writing what people are looking for. So if I have an idea, I try to work it so that it answers some kind of question or is something people are wanting to learn.

Sharing on social media, for me, has limited appeal and any surge in traffic from that doesn't last very long. For example, some kind person shared one article on StumbleUpon, and I had a massive upsurge in traffic a couple of weeks ago. It was lovely and gratifying, but the effect wore off after about four days. So I believe the best strategy is to write for the search engines.

Good luck.

Sudhir Devapalanposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

I will start reading more articles first then. Hope I can learn quickly. Thanks.

2. pen promulgates profile image41
    pen promulgatesposted 8 weeks ago

Hello Sudhir,
    Welcome to HP.
    I read both the articles on your slider. Here is my advice:
    1) Your articles, currently, are more of a blog post type. As if, the readers already exist - like those who buy a magazine or regularly read a blog. Whereas, HP looks for magazine-style media-rich informative articles.
    Think in this way, if I use Google, what query will I put in the search engine to get the answers through your articles.

2) The title needs to be search engine friendly too. Use of keywords in the title, summary, body, and conclusion must be adequate.

3) There are minor grammatical errors. Too negligible to notice, but still there.

4) Use more capsules and legal to use images.

5) Read the articles by other hubbers.
    You will get the knack of the site.

6) The topics you wrote on are very generic, and your content is too ordinary for a subject on common topics. There is much competition. Chose topics that are evergreen but less competitive.

You need to give enough time till you actually start getting decent views. Till then write qualitative articles.

Hope these help
    Good luck.

Sudhir Devapalanposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

Ya writing articles matching the current search trend makes sense. Its just that I need to find topics that interest me too. Will give it a try. Thanks for your help.

3. Mary Florence profile image47
    Mary Florenceposted 8 weeks ago

I just write anything I want to write about. Unless you target traffic deliberately, for instance sharing on Facebook, I believe traffic is all about luck. Sometimes an article you imagine will bring you traffic doesn't and sometimes an article you don't expect to bring you traffic can surprise you. So I just write.

working