jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

someone wants to use my article in a research paper

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 months ago

Has anyone had requests to use your full name and permission to cite your article for their paper before?

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I am not sure why they would need you full name, the major formats for citing webpages don't require it.

2. incomeguru profile image97
    incomeguruposted 5 months ago

For an academic research paper, they will need your full name for proper citation.

I write them all the time and nope.  All four major citation formats require only the information on the website.  They may be trying to incorrectly use article citing not webpage citing.

1. lobobrandon profile image89
        lobobrandonposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Is webpage citing even a thing? I only cite from scientific publications. Anyone can write stuff on the web without being scrutinized by peers.  Congrats on being recognised for your work Stacie smile

Yes it is, not only because there are now web-only peer reviewed journals, but also because people cite and discuss pretty much anything that exists as a phenomena rather than an authoritative source. One recent paper of mine included discussion of how moral panic spreads online and you do need to give examples.

1. lobobrandon profile image89
            lobobrandonposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Interesting. Yes, I meant from Hubpages and not web only journals. But you do make sense.

3. tritrain profile image86
    tritrainposted 5 months ago

That's great!  It's always nice to have that sort of thing happen.  I was contacted by a reporter once way back when, on another site.  It shows that at least someone has taken the time to read and think about what you've written.

Congrats!

4. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 months ago

thanks for the replies

working