jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I don't have any disabled, but I was wondering what would cause a hub to have th

1. angela_michelle profile image98
    angela_michelleposted 7 years ago

I don't have any disabled, but I was wondering what would cause a hub to have their ads disabled?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The official thread on this topic answers it best,

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/44355

3. stevewong profile image60
    stevewongposted 7 years ago

ads would be disabled if your content violates the Google Adsense TOS.  Sometimes, it may be "gray" area topic which may be borderline.  Gray area topics include adult, gambling, etc.

4. angela_michelle profile image98
    angela_michelleposted 7 years ago

The irony, I just got ads disabled from a topic. Oddly enough it does not violate anything.

This is what the memo at the top says on it,

"Your hub may not be in compliance with our publishing guidelines. Please review the automatically generated warning below, and correct the problem if possible. These warnings are only visible to you, the author.

WARNING: Advertising has been disabled on this hub based on automatic content filters

All hubs are automatically reviewed for content that may not be advertiser friendly or is indicative of a HubPages Terms of Use or a Google AdSense Policy Violation. In order to protect our relationships with advertising partners, ad serving will be disabled on those hubs identified as potential problems until they can be manually reviewed by a moderator. Hubs will be prioritized for review based on the Hubber Score of the author and traffic.

Please check the content of your hub to ensure that it is within the rules. You are free to make changes to your hub in order to bring it into compliance."

From what I understand, I think someone flagged my topic, without reading it, because they assumed it was adult content, not realizing what the article really contained. I have no doubt, once they review it, they will enable the ads again, but still it's annoying. At least I generally don't get clicks on that hub, so it's not that upsetting.

Closed to reply

working