jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I would like to know how is our hub traffic statistics calculated? What I want t

1. Internetwriter62 profile image81
    Internetwriter62posted 7 years ago

I would like to know how is our hub traffic statistics calculated? What I want to know is that...

when you see your statistics for page views for one day, is it from the day before or for that day. I would also like to know why does the number go down. I started one day at 285 and it went down to 197. I just don't understand how it work. So someone please help me with this.

2. SakiSan profile image61
    SakiSanposted 7 years ago

I can't tell you for sure, but most web traffic calculators are based on the previous days stats.  The time at which they close is different depending on the site and its origin normally.  However if I was to take a guess it would be that its based on the previous days numbers, and is tallied around midnight of EST or PST.  Sorry couldn't answer better. sad

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The HubPages statistics are calculated as a "rolling total" meaning they are accurate from the moment you look at them, for the stated previous time period (day, week, month).  That's why they fluctuate.

For more detailed statistics that are based on calendar days, you need to use Google Analytics.

4. profile image0
    images99posted 7 years ago

I believe the traffic is updated every half an hour and that includes your visits as well.

5. Karonher profile image73
    Karonherposted 7 years ago

I also thought it was a rolling total. Always rated on the previous 24 hours Midnight to midnight, then 1 am to 1 am.

6. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Many of the numbers you are looking at are "averages" based on the total response ratioed against the amount of time which has past.  In other words based on current numbers you average traffic per day is 200, per week is 1500...etc. etc.  I am not sure that any one individual outside the person within the employment of HubPages has a full knowledge of how it is weighted or how it works to achieve the end score for the writer.  I do notice that my writer's score increases and decreases rapidly with the movement up or down of my highest scoring hubs.  Now this may point to a total movement of all hubs up or down...I am not sure but I do see that correlation in the highest scored hubs.  I also notice that my score changes as I increase my activity in asking or answering questions, and also in backlinking my stories to other articles using suggested links.  WB