jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do some dumb hubs get great numbers? Do dumb hubs by featured hubbers get be

1. free4india profile image58
    free4indiaposted 7 years ago

Why do some dumb hubs get great numbers? Do dumb hubs by featured hubbers get better rating?

Is it like Tom cruise's worst film will make more money...than my best film as he famous and I am not?

2. profile image0
    selrachposted 7 years ago

There might be a bit of truth in what you say,but remember featured hubbers had to work hard to achieve their status and therefore their hub views.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

What is your definition of a "dumb hub?"  Without qualification of the criteria that you are using to determine what sort of Hubs you are talking about, the question might be considered dumb itself.

4. ramkkasturi profile image62
    ramkkasturiposted 7 years ago

Not all featured hubs seem to be "extraordianary" and not all hubs that are not featured are "ordinary". However, featuring needs something standing out like the topic, participation through comments, pictures or a product promotion. For example, a hub on some very technical topic may not draw popular attention.Since featuring is for promotion of hub pages too, it is advisable to feature familiar names, and familiar names draw particiaption also anyway, so everything is interelated. It is just my opinion based on what I have been observing. Definitly featuring helps the authors too, because it gives them visibility. "Are they dumb?" it is matter of opinion, I guess.

5. anna20 profile image59
    anna20posted 7 years ago

Hubpages checks unique contents and cachy titles. If your content and title can attract more users and visitor stays there for longer give positive feedback then it may be better than featured hubbers.

working