jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I give up! Almost. I have a few hubs. Some are, frankly, designed to get a react

1. davidseeger profile image61
    davidseegerposted 7 years ago

I give up! Almost. I have a few hubs. Some are, frankly, designed to get a reaction. I don't get...

them. What am I missing?

2. NoRR4Me profile image81
    NoRR4Meposted 7 years ago

I hope you aren't offended, but if you are giving up after only publishing 8 little hubs then maybe it's not for you. You can make it, IF you want to.

Have you read HubPages help sections that advises how to write good hubs? It's not that you don't have anything interesting to share. You do, but your hubs are too short. Your titles should be more attention grabbing. The ones I read don't have pictures and should be laid out better. You should ask other hubbers to critique your hubs in the forums under the "Extreme Hub Makeover" section.

How can you expect people to find you? Have you made comments on other people's hubs? You can help out other hubbers by answering their questions. You can leave interesting answers and people will go to your profile to see what you're all about. If you want others to be interested in what you have to say, show interest in what they have to say also.

Also, have you promoted your hubs on other websites like Digg, SheToldMe, RedGage, Snipsly or even Facebook, etc? There's a lot to it than just posting a few short hubs and hoping people will somehow come across them.   

Best wishes. Welcome to HubPages. You can do it.

3. davidseeger profile image61
    davidseegerposted 7 years ago

Fantastic! I think you have given me just what I need. I suppose I'm just too lazy. I'd rather have people come tome and than to go after them. I'm more used to fishing from the bank with a cane pole than wading out into the river with a fly and fly rod. Thanks. I will try to address each of  the points you have raised. Note I did say "almost" smile

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

What do you hbs provide to the reader? Information? Humor? Controversy? What you want to say is mot necessarily what people want to flock to read about.

working