jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it possible to end shameless begging for public notice in the question sectio

1. Jaggedfrost profile image79
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

Is it possible to end shameless begging for public notice in the question section of Hub pages?

I get that people want their stuff to be read and they even more like their work to be commented on. I just think that making public announcements instead of insightful questions under http://hubpages.com/question/latest/ is a crass and inappropriate way of going about it.  I know that flagging such questions always gets results and for that I am grateful but it really happens too often to want to flag them all.

2. Nick B profile image82
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

I don't like that either, but I just ignore them.

The fact is, the vast majority of people don't read the rules before they start doing. Whether it's putting a flat-pack together or here, they just go off and do.

What they're doing seems almost like going into a pub and shouting at the top of their voice.

Unfortunately, you can't educate pork.

3. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 7 years ago

You're absolutely right Jagged.  A short while ago there was a suggestion that questions should have a vote up/down button; that might make some disappear.  It would also be useful to get rid of the call-girl spammers, the written in gibberish, the statements, and the written in a foreign language.

4. amsmoving profile image57
    amsmovingposted 7 years ago

The moderators don't really seem interested in the question section.

It's almost total spam. I really just parse it for the hub juice. It's sad though because it could be a legitimate forum for real questions. Instead it's clogged with bizarre questions (and non-questions) you can't imagine anyone organically asking you in real life.

Hubpages is a great site with a great future - but the Q&A desperately needs moderation.

5. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 7 years ago

If you see inappropriate posts, flag 'em.  Plain and simple.  It only takes a second.

Closed to reply

working