jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Asking someone a personal question?

1. Mom Kat profile image81
    Mom Katposted 7 years ago

Asking someone a personal question?

When you go to a hub profile and it says "ask ________ a question" - does that question only go to that person, or does it come to the general Q&A section for everyone to see & answer?

2. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

It goes to the person but also gets displayed on the Q&A section too!! I found it out the silly way!! It actually does not make sense, when you ask someone a question on what they have written about and a few other people write some vague responses  to you!

3. Mom Kat profile image81
    Mom Katposted 7 years ago

I was wondering because I've seen personally addressed questions on posted here and it got me to thinking. 
    I would say it was brave rather than silly sofs.  I've thought about asking hubbers specific questions on their hubs, but was too chicken to ask using that option. I didn't want to seem like some craized, hub-stalker fan....lol
    (I know, I worry too much)
    anyway. I think the information you have shared will help many new hubbers, not just me in clearing this matter up.
    Thank you!

4. JosephRanseth profile image65
    JosephRansethposted 7 years ago

Reminds me of something I discovered a while back...

Whenever something beautiful happens between two people, it begins with one of them being vulnerable.

Don't be afraid to ask personal questions. It creates a safe space that allows the other person to ask you the same. The same goes with sharing our feelings... if one person leads out, it gives permission for the other person to do the same.

That's how human relationships flourish. smile
    (in my opinion, anyway...lol)

5. profile image57
    tlmntim9posted 7 years ago

It is a private communication between two people only. Now that may not exclude Hubpage staff. They can and do, do whatever they want.

6. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

Mom Kat,
    There are two ways, I believe. In the format you display in your question, that would be for all to see. If you use the orange envelope that says "contact this person, I think that is private except for HubPages personnel.