jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best way to lose followers?

1. ryancarter profile image60
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

What is the best way to lose followers?

Not that I want to, nor do I suspect anyone here does.  I'm working on a "what not to do to succeed"  book.

2. SteveoMc profile image75
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

I hope I don't find out.  I suspect it may be related to being rude, disrespectful and arrogant. 

The general atmosphere here is to be helpful.    Sometimes that is just too dang hard to do.   

Sometimes someone will ask a question with the simple goal of starting a mud slinging contest.  That might be a way to  lose followers.

3. chrislloyd515 profile image58
    chrislloyd515posted 7 years ago

I'd say either "trolling" or "spamming" the latter being very applicable to companies that will send multiple messages saying the exact same thing, over and over.

4. vinividivici profile image60
    vinividiviciposted 7 years ago

not giving hubs regularly, or hubs with poor, frustrating content.

5. sir_tallest profile image62
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

There is wisdom in all the answers I have read and i agree with them all....here is an addition....not been really active as a hubber...if u make a publication or a request once in 3 months,followers tend to get bored and move on without you....love to see your book when it's done and hope to see my tip in it

6. profile image0
    Charlinexposted 7 years ago

I see it slightly differently.

If I follow a hubber, it is because I am interested in his/her hubs. If that person does not generate a lot of contents which keep me interested, I will quit as a follower. It is not personal, and the hubber may not be at fault at all.