I've heard Google can penalize you for building too many backlinks too quickly.

1. japtaker profile image90
    japtakerposted 7 years ago

I've heard Google can penalize you for building too many backlinks too quickly. Is this true?

If this is the case, than how many backlinks in how short a time is too much? How can one avoid doing this?

2. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

Yes, that is the case. Google indexing a large part of the internet so they can see how fast the links are appearing and whether that happens in a natural way or not. If it goes too fast, then it is considered unnatural and you have probably been spamming or using too much automated link building tools. I don't how the acceptable rate of adding backlinks so I will be watching this question as well.

3. 2buildbacklinks profile image50
    2buildbacklinksposted 7 years ago

While Google does penalize very, very quick backlink accumulation it is unlikely to do this unless you are building thousands of backlinks in a day.

You can only achieve 1000's of links in a day using software, hence the penalization.

If you are worried you might be building links too quickly think about whether you are building the links ethically and according to Google's guidelines.

If you are then try to start small and build up the number of backlinks you build a day. Google like to see an increasing trend in backlink building. As close to a straight line graph is best but naturally you needn't worry if you stray of the line as Google understands links often come in batches. For example if a news website released a huge expose on a celebrity they would get a ton of backlinks and then it would slow down again. So this straight line graph is only a small thing but a goal none the less.

Building backlinks ethically is always a good thing and I teach how to do it in my book Link Building Mastry check it out:
    http://www.2buildbacklinks.com/link-bui … stery.html