jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Hubpages.com Alexa rank is increasing

1. Ambition profile image60
    Ambitionposted 8 years ago

Hi i have been closely watching hubpages.com rank and it has increased from 316 to 300 now according to alexa. That's a really good news for hubpages.com and hubbers like me as i am getting a great platform to write on.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image69
      Ultimate Hubberposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This was quite expected as more hubs are being added everyday, the hubchallenge going on, more users signing up and last but not the least, more hubs ranking high in SERPs.

Congratulations hubbers!

Congratulations to both Paul Edmondson, Paul Deeds and the HubPages team.

2. Dangazzm profile image78
    Dangazzmposted 8 years ago

Woo! I'm trying to do my part!

Does a higher Alexa ranking mean that our pages hold more authority also? May sound stupid but Alexa and Google are different and idk if Google will recognize this increase, will it?

1. Ambition profile image60
      Ambitionposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes your pages will have more authority and google.com has alexa ranking of 1.

I think google respects websites which ranked high in alexa.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image69

This increase is in fact mostly due to Google. smile
      As Alexa measures the amount of traffic on a site and I am sure HubPages would not have achieved this landmark without Google sending tons of traffic here every single day.

So this might be an idea of how Google is recognizing the authority of our pages. big_smile

3. relache profile image91
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Alex scores are only based on data that is gathered from Internet users who have the Alex toolbar installed on their browsers (which is primarily users of IE) so it's not exactly a clear or comprehensive representation of users across the entire web.  Alexa is owned by Amazon.com.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image69

According to Alexa they use other parameters also for the calculation of this data.

working