jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best way to add tags on Hubpages? Do you use the Suggestions?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image90
    oceansnsunsetsposted 7 years ago

What is the best way to add tags on Hubpages?  Do you use the Suggestions?

On the topic of Hub Tags, do the suggested tags by Hubpages help in particular, or are they just random?  After completing a hub, often I want to add the best tags.  What I might think would be a good tag, and what often is suggested are rather different. 
    SO, are their suggestions ones that we should really consider, say help to create better search results from Google and elsewhere?  I want to know if I should add HP's specific suggestions always, vs just adding what I come up with.  Sometimes they are odd, but maybe its meant to be that way?  Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

2. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I generally do both -- I add my own tags, and I take a few of the suggested tags. Most of the time there are at least several suggested tags that definitely won't work, so I just don't click those and keep the ones that will. They are suggestions gleaned from the text on your page according to the frequency with which it appears and things like that. On my movie reviews I'll often get a lot of actors' names coming up in suggested tags, which is helpful, but I'll also get things like "low-budget crap" turning up which I really don't want to use as a tag because I doubt that's really what people will be trying to find wink.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

The hub tag tool. . . .is helpful, but it's not the best judge of what the tags should be.  I think that if you look at the suggestions, and because you are your author, you can decide yourself what is best.

4. Wealthmadehealthy profile image60
    Wealthmadehealthyposted 7 years ago

do a keyword search for your major points.  Google has a free one, just google keyword search tool       Pick the best ones and add to your tags.