jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do Articles differ from Blogs?

1. hungrymouse profile image55
    hungrymouseposted 6 years ago

How do Articles differ from Blogs?

Are there distinct differences or are we talking about essentially the same things?

2. Jon Hunt profile image62
    Jon Huntposted 6 years ago

Well, you see blogs are websites that people usually talk about their lives, opinions or other things. Articles are written pieces that do essentially the same thing. The difference being that a blog has a host of things while an article is just one thing.

3. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

A blog is simply adding your thoughts to a running conversation. You don't need to state the topic or explain anything other than your own thoughts.
    An Article has to begin by stating a topic and then explore that topic or some aspect of the topic. It should have a beginning a middle and an end.
    A blog is basically all middle. Whoever started the blog has given the begining and it may or may nit have any end, most blogs tend to veer of topic and split until they just die out.

4. Phil Plasma profile image77
    Phil Plasmaposted 6 years ago

To me a blog post is an entry about your life, or a musing, or something random that can serve absolutely no purpose.

A hub, on the other hand, should have some sort of purpose to help or inform others.

5. atulhost profile image58
    atulhostposted 6 years ago

Articles are lengthier than blog posts and are more subject describing than the blog posts.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

A blog can be like this:

I went to the store today, and people were being, like, totally mean and stuff.  I hate mean people.  mean people totally, like, they suck - and stuff, you know what I mean?  mean sucky people suck.

/\ that's a blog.  I see blogs like that.  That crap won't cut it, and won't make a penny in twenty years.

working