jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you actually earn with adsense?

1. Imogen French profile image86
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

How do you actually earn with adsense?

I understand the principle, it's about people clicking on the ads, but although I am now earning a small amount with the HP ad program my adsense account is still on zero.
    I have followed the instructions for setting it up - I think!

2. Campj002 profile image57
    Campj002posted 6 years ago

Well I am in the same boat. I earn about a dollar a day on the hubpages ad scheme but I am yet to even earn 1 cent on ad sense. I dont know why this happens though

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Does your adsense account say "set?"  If so, then it's set.  When it says "active" - that means that someone has clicked an advert.

Different types of content draw higher and lesser paying adsense adverts.

4. qeyler profile image58
    qeylerposted 6 years ago

Adsense is one of the most treacherous sites.  There is no mammal, no one you can talk to, hence if you need help all you can do is find another user on their idiot site to talk to.

If you've set it up, and go to the site and don't see any hits, well, you've done something wrong.  You'll usually see something like 678 hits and maybe you'll make a whopping 34c.

the only way to get a lot of hits is to write crap.  Look at some of the top writers on this site and you'll get the idea.

5. sanathara profile image60
    sanatharaposted 6 years ago

Along with Hubpages you try other adsense revenue sharing sites. I, personally,  have good experience with adsense.Browse the following hubs for more help:

6. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

Adsense can earn you only when somebody actually "clicks" on your account. If you get more clicks more money, otherwise bad luck.

Adsense also does pay you on impressions. But only if the advertiser (whose ad Google delivers on  your pages ) has chosen that option. By default the Adsense payout is on clicks only.

Earning through Adsense takes time and there are lot of factors that come into play. Read all the relevant hubs to get the idea.

7. Imogen French profile image86
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the comments everyone, I think I am starting to get the picture.
    Wesman TS - when you say the account should say "set" and "active" - where should it say this?