jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How come when people leave comments I can see their IP address?

1. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

How come when people leave comments I can see their IP address?

I have not noticed this before today, but when I was approving comments an IP address was listed below the approve/deny button.  Twice, two separate IP address?  Why?

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

We have always been able to see IP addresses of people signed into Hubpages in the comments of our own hubs. I think it is a security measure so that if someone is abusive etc. that  the person can be identified at the source, even if the person has more than one account.

3. profile image0
    Béla Mongyiposted 6 years ago

You can also see the IPs of unauthenticated users (visitors that don't have a HubPages account) if they leave a comment on one of your hubs.

4. profile image50
    bymarksanchezposted 6 years ago

The IP address 192.168.1.1 is generally being used by The Linksys company and some small firms which develop routers and similar.. Each and every single piece of equipment in a network system comes with an Ip and pieces of equipment make use of it to recognize them selves. At the same time the IP address of every single device in the computer network has to be one of a kind. This is significant as a way for the personal computer to be able to receive data that are just for that personal computer only.

http://www.192-168-11.org/

working