jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How many photographs in a 1500 word hub are too many?

1. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

How many photographs in a 1500 word hub are too many?

Sometimes I open a hub and I feel oppressed by the number of photographs that are present, either as thumbnails, or half width or even full width photos.  Is there such a thing as having too many photographs or videos in your hubs?  What do you think would be an ideal amount or ratio?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

I have never seen any information on this.  There is so much about using Videos, that video stuffing is ridiculous.  Maybe photo image in beginning, middle and the end.

3. Imogen French profile image84
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

In academic works one diagram per 500 words is a commonly recommended guideline to illustrate the text.
    However, in hubs, which can and should be more visually appealing, I think between six and ten would serve a 1500 word article quite well without being too overbearing. That's just my opinion, though : )

4. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

I would say Three to Six. Anything more than six will look like a overkill.

5. nifwlseirff profile image98
    nifwlseirffposted 6 years ago

It depends on the content of the hub! 

If it's a photography, art or craft hub, then I think photos or scans are as important as the words that describe them.

Also, how-to instructional hubs can have more photos to illustrate the instructions - I know many people who hate cookbooks that don't have photos for every couple of steps.

For stories, academic articles, etc. then I think the number of photos can (should) be fewer, and should be topical - used to add extra information or clarity to the written information (and not only for decoration). Having said that, a 'decorative' photo, well chosen, can pull more readers to a hub.

6. Matt Clooney profile image59
    Matt Clooneyposted 6 years ago

I would favor about 6 photos but I don't think you can have a hard and fast rule. Loads of videos annoy me more.

7. cyoung35 profile image87
    cyoung35posted 6 years ago

If it's a hub on photography then more would be fine but i agree with 1 per 500 words, otherwise it makes it hard to follow.