jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the minimum word count you prefer to publish a Hub?

1. dumindu89 profile image72
    dumindu89posted 6 years ago

What is the minimum word count you prefer to publish a Hub?

2. Cardia profile image93
    Cardiaposted 6 years ago

I prefer my Hubs to have a minimum of 500 to 600 words.

3. Au fait profile image94
    Au faitposted 6 years ago

I like my hubs to be a minimum of 450 words as recommended by several other people (hubbers) here.  Google likes hubs to be longer -- the longer the better I'm told. 

My hubs tend to be a thousand words or more.   I attribute that to my English writing classes at the university where my classmates and I were expected to write 8-page essays on poems of a single line!  Yes, I was taught to be prolific in my writing.  While there may be some advantage in that, I really admire people who can say more with less.  People who can be concise and say all that needs saying with just a few words.

4. vmartinezwilson profile image87
    vmartinezwilsonposted 6 years ago

I'm in the same boat as you Au fait.  I'm pretty long winded and always feel the need to be descriptive in my hubs.

5. Marie Gail profile image77
    Marie Gailposted 6 years ago

One of my high school teachers always said a paper should be the same length as a woman's skirt: long enough to cover everything but short enough to keep it interesting. I believe the same thing goes for hubs.

6. jainismus profile image69
    jainismusposted 6 years ago

I prefer to have 700+ words in a Hub, but my Hubs ranges between 250 to 1200 words.

7. hawkdad73 profile image67
    hawkdad73posted 6 years ago

I like my hubs to be at least 250, 300 words.  That's if I don't have a lot to say. I have been writing over that a lot lately, though.

working