jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

They took my acolade away! I had the up/down one where I help out by finding go

1. americababy profile image60
    americababyposted 6 years ago

They took my acolade away!  I had the up/down one where I help out by finding good and bad hubs.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Some accolades require you to keep doing a behavior if you are to keep the accolade.  You can't find good/bad Hubs just one time and have that award forever.  You have to keep doing it if you want the badge.

3. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

Not all Accolades are permanent, you have to keep active in whatever designations they were awarded for.  some stay and others you must keep working for even when you get them.

4. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 6 years ago

Yea, verily, it is written:

"The Hub Pages Gods giveth. And the Hub pages Gods taketh away"

Like life, death, and taxes, the HP scoring system, spanning from your individual Hubscore, to individual hub rating scores, to all those dinky little accolades such as the one of which you speak, remains a mystery to normal folk.

Apart from specific awards like HOTD, or HubNugget, or milestones like the number of Hubs you publish, number of followers, years you've been an HP member, questions you've asked, answers you've given, everything is subject to fluctuation. Wild and frequent.

People will respond to this question by saying "Hub Hop more often, and it will be reinstated."

And you'd think they must be right. It's only logical.

But logic and the HP scoring system are not comfortable bedfellows.

In reality, nobody knows how the algorithm is written. Except those who run the place.

And they're not telling.

But hey, who really cares? It's a fun and rewarding place to write.
    Cheers.

5. americababy profile image60
    americababyposted 6 years ago

Thanks.  I'm just glad to know it's not a person who actually took it away.  I'll show that computer code!

Closed to reply

working