jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it important to follow your hub's and question's comments from hubber score p

1. Angela Biggs profile image60
    Angela Biggsposted 6 years ago

Is it important to follow your hub's and question's comments from hubber score point of view?

I mean when someone comment on your hub or question, is it important to respond to them. I seen some hubbers are not doing that. It really feels bad to see that sad

2. Ian Dabasori Hetr profile image80
    Ian Dabasori Hetrposted 6 years ago

Hub pages shares what I call hub love. It is proper to respond to others simply because they have taken their time to write those comments or answer your question....Hope this helps.

3. Mark Ewbie profile image86
    Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago

I think comments deserve a response, even if it's only thanks.  It makes me slightly suspicious when I see a hub being commented on and no response at all from the 'author'.  For very popular or busy authors though, I guess it could be a problem responding to all comments.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

I have found that by responding to comments I build friendships with people, and I think the people here are the ones who make hubpages the nice place it is.  It only takes a few minutes, but it's a pleasant experience for all concerned.  Aside from that, it's just plain good manners to respond.

5. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Answering comments has no direct bearing on your author score. But responding to comments may encourage readers to return, which - because of the extra traffic, comments, and votes on hubs - could indirectly affect both the score for your hubs and your author score.

6. FloraBreenRobison profile image58
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

It has more to do with the *way* you respond when you do respond than if you are responding at all. It depends upon the type of hub that is written. Some product hubs do not have comment capsules at all. So far, I do respond to all comments individually. I may come to a point where I receive so many, I can only give a group thank-you. But to respond to some individually but ignore others when all are asking questions is where there gets to be a problem.
    There is a difference between ignoring all of people's comments because you get hundreds per day vs. ignoring them because you are randomly picking out comments for responses instead of responding to them all. 
    Another thing that makes a difference is the tone of your response. It is better to not respond to someone than to tell the person off with swear words, for example.

working