jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why did I get a 10 hour MAJOR spike in traffic on a dead hub?

1. chuckbl profile image81
    chuckblposted 6 years ago

Why did I get a 10 hour MAJOR spike in traffic on a dead hub?

A couple of nights ago, I suddenly got about 150+ views from search engines for one hub for a duration of about 10 hours, before and after that 10 hour period I literally got no views for it. I can't understand why that would happen - even if something came out about that subject it wouldn't give such a high spike that ended so abruptly. Literally after the 10th hour I didn't get one view... doesn't make sense as surely the traffic would trail off at the very least. Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks.

2. fordie profile image74
    fordieposted 6 years ago

Is it likely you have a keyword in there that matched a hot news topic? Perhaps people were searching for something else and it is pure coincidence that your hub was already indexed for that term

3. cardelean profile image91
    cardeleanposted 6 years ago

I would look on my stats for that hub to see where it shows the views coming from.  Other than that, I'm not sure.

4. Farmer Rachel profile image98
    Farmer Rachelposted 5 years ago

I had a similar thing happen recently, and all the views were coming from Facebook. The spike in traffic was abrupt, seemingly random, and after two days stopped dead.

Who knows why. In your case, perhaps one of the tags you used on that hub was a popular topic that a lot of people were searching on. If you get a "title tuner" suggestion, or can look at the "keywords" tab under stats on the hub, you might be able to see what search words brought you the traffic.

Otherwise, it's nice to have, right? smile