jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Would you recommend reddit to newbies to boost their traffic?

1. rob_allen profile image83
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

Would you recommend reddit to newbies to boost their traffic?

2. Sadie14 profile image89
    Sadie14posted 6 years ago

I personally tried it and didn't get any views from that site. However, I didn't really keep at it so it might pay off for you if you put a lot of effort into it but I would rather spend that time writing hubs.

3. Sweetheart2997 profile image59
    Sweetheart2997posted 6 years ago

I don't know what thatn is, sorry can't help you.

4. sdmathis profile image81
    sdmathisposted 6 years ago

Reddit has done very little for my traffic. They've sent me a few visitors, but that's it.

5. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

No, I would not.

First, the visitors are 99.99% useless.   They won't make you any money and are unlikely to reshare your pages anywhere useful.   For most of them, their only interest is finding something to mix in with their own self serving links to avoid looking like a spammer.

Second, if you go about this with the typical enthusiasm that newbies express, you'll probably get yourself banned from Reddit.   If enough HubPages spammers get banned, Reddit might someday decide to ban ALL HP links, period.

Finally, I find this whole false self promotion ploy rather disgusting.  If you search around for the people here who do recommend it, you'll usually find them recommending cloaking techniques so that neither Google nor Reddit realize that you are actually trying to promote your own content.  What's it called when you are trying to conceal something like that?  I'd call it lying, plain and simple.

However, if you don't care about that, at least search for "banned from reddit" so you can learn how NOT to create more bad feelings toward HubPages.

6. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

In my experience, Reddit is good for a burst of poor traffic, but not so good for sustained good traffic. What I mean by good traffic is people who will come with an actual interest in your topic and spend time reading and commenting.

If you do use it, one suggestion I would give is to find a smaller subcommunity rather than the larger main communities. In the larger communities it is too easy for your link to become buried. Also, the larger communities tend to be people who are looking for simple amusements. It seems counter-intuitive, but I have always gotten better traffic from posting in a 5,000 member community than in a 500,000 member community

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Totally what PcUnix said!!!!

I've done that whole deal at least a dozen times.  Reddit used to have value as a dofollow backlink...but that's all the value that it ever had.

If you want a list of dofollow backlink sites, then I can give you 30:

$$$ HubPages.com
    $$$ InfoPirate.org
    $$$ Page360.net
    $$$ PostUROwn.com
    $$$ RedGage.com
    $$$ SheToldMe.com
    $$$ Snipsly.com
    $$$ Squidoo.com
    $$$ WritingMafia.com

There you go!  Dofollow paradise, all better than Reddit, who loves folks in the Q and A at Hubpages????  That would be me.

8. Ironman1992 profile image61
    Ironman1992posted 6 years ago

I've heard many people complain about reddit, because if you post much of your own content at all, then you will likely be banned. I've used reddit and my traffic shot up tremendously for one or two days, but it then died down to very little traffic at all.