jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

tracker code in backlink?

1. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 8 years ago

If I use my own blog to backlink my articles will using the tracker code make the links not work as backlinks?

1. sunforged profile image76
      sunforgedposted 8 years agoin reply to this

thats all good, still a backlink smile

2. rumbling profile image47
    rumblingposted 8 years ago

No it will still be counted as a back link and as a added bonus if someone sign ups after coming through that link you get percentage of impressions as well smile

3. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 8 years ago

ok, I still don't understand back links. smile

1. rumbling profile image47
      rumblingposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ha ha , don't try to understand it , just get as many as you can with the proper anchor text smile

1. kmackey32 profile image64
        kmackey32posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ok how do I do that?

You can try submitting articles to article directories
          You can do guest posts which is a good way to get one way quality back links
          You can comment on dofollow blogs
          You can get them by adding links in forum signatures
          You can get back links by participating in blog carnivals

Hope this helps

1. rebekahELLE profile image89
            rebekahELLEposted 8 years agoin reply to this

hmmm, what is a blog carnival?  I'm with kmackey, I still have problems making backlinks. hmm

4. johnr54 profile image47
    johnr54posted 8 years ago

You may not need to get a lot of backlinks.  Hubpages gives you a lot with the cross links betweed hubs.  If you are trying to get higher in the search rankings for a competitive term, backlinks are the answer, but for some terms you may find you don't need a lot or any.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That is a good point smile. As I get better at choosing topics to write on I hope that I can get the sorts of topics that can rank well without lots of back linking.

5. rumbling profile image47
    rumblingposted 8 years ago

blog carnivals are where some blogger publishes links to other blog posts from other bloggers in a relevant topic , for example it could be a blog carnival about personal finance , where some blogger publishes links to posts about personal finance from other blogs. eg :- http://www.makemoneyfaster.biz/2009/06/ … art-i.html

You can find relevant blog carnivals at http://blogcarnival.com/bc/index.php

1. rebekahELLE profile image89
      rebekahELLEposted 8 years agoin reply to this

thank you!

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 8 years agoin reply to this

wow, groovy tip. thanks!

You are welcome smile

6. PeterBoston profile image59
    PeterBostonposted 8 years ago

I'm new to HubPages so I'm in full learning mode. My original impression is that HubPages can be a source of good PR backlink to an outside page, but that any revenue produced here would be incidental.

This is the way I look at it. Every HubPage is an Ezine article that does not get submitted. The question I am asking myself is whether posting that article on a HubPage and then pointing some blog links at it is more productive that doing the same kind of thing at EzineArticles.

What say you?

Hub pages still is a good source for high PR back links to outside pages.
      Thing to realize is if you are trying to rank for something using HubPages then you already have a head start. It already has trust with Google , it will get lots of internal links from related hubs , categories , tags etc so its relatively easy to rank for something using HubPages.
      If you are already doing this with Ezine Articles then definitely do that using Hub Pages. You get paid with Hub Pages and while you want get anything from Ezines

working