jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

RSS Feed Question at beta.feedvalidator.org

1. akirchner profile image97
    akirchnerposted 8 years ago

Okay - I went with livewithrichard's RSS feed suggestion at beta.feedvalidator.org and when I plugged in my site, it said it was valid BUT....these 3 things came up - Do I fix those or click on the bottom line which says to create a new text link that they suggest?  Or do I just do it anyhow with the 3 lines of text askew? I'm sorry - swimming head here! Must have been the knocks on the pavements running the dogs!

This feed is valid, but interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendations.

line 229, column 44: description contains bad characters (4 occurrences) [help]

Backpacking with your dog and having your DOG carry a backpa ...                                            ^line 230, column 175: content:encoded contains bad characters (4 occurrences) [help]

... go!" /> Backpacking with your dog and having your DOG carry a backpa ...                                             ^line 390, column 0: Missing atom:link with rel="self" [help]

2. rumbling profile image49
    rumblingposted 8 years ago

If it says valid it can be used in most feed readers and website widgets etc. What the suggestion does is lets you improve it so it can be read by more feed readers.
    I sometimes validate feeds but only If I create a custom feed my self. Whats the feed you are trying to validate ? If its a hub pages feed there isn't much you can do about it.
    If it says valid I personally wouldn't worry about fixing the suggestions.

3. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 8 years ago

You only need to use the validator for sites other than hubs.  All of your hubs have a valid RSS feed and you only need to place ?rss at the end of your hub's url. The ?rss at the end of your hub's url will make the url a valid RSS feed for that hub.

4. akirchner profile image97
    akirchnerposted 8 years ago

Thank you Richard - you must become my new guru - I will cook for you!

1. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 8 years agoin reply to this

LOL thanks, I might take you up on that.

working