jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can previewing a hub frequently as I write endanger my AdSense account?

1. Harvest Moon profile image76
    Harvest Moonposted 5 years ago

Can previewing a hub frequently as I write endanger my AdSense account?

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to writing and formatting, so I'm constantly previewing my articles while I write to ascertain that my right margins don't look too messy. I just noticed that these previews actually go toward the total views. Could this endanger my AdSense account, or my account here at Hubpages? Thank you for any insights!

2. Cardisa profile image94
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

No it doesn't because HP and Google are able to tell which views are yours and those do not count toward your ad impressions. It is expected that authors view their hubs multiple times while formatting and even after publishing to ensure the best quality. I do the same thing and am always surprised to find some errors afterwards, so even long after publishing I will go back and re-read my hubs to make sure there are no more errors.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No, but why not write in WORD and them cut and paste it into Hubpages.  It will take a lot less of going back and forth checking margins and spacing.

4. Rob Winters profile image85
    Rob Wintersposted 5 years ago

No, continually viewing your own hub is not a problem.The only conceivable risk (which is very small) is that frequently visiting your own hubs would notionally increase the chances of you accidently clicking on your own ads.If this were to happen more than a few times you could get in trouble for infringing on your adsense terms and condition of not clicking on your own ads, albeit accidently.

5. iviskei profile image74
    iviskeiposted 5 years ago

No, because adsense seperates your ip address from that of everyone elses. It pretty much knows when you're viewing your hub and when someone else is viewing it. But since you are previewing it before it is published, you're the only one looking at it. So no worries Harvest!