jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Do you own a blog that you use to promote your hubs here?

1. yougotme profile image89
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

Do you own a blog that you use to promote your hubs here?

And is it effective as a method of promoting hubs?

2. profile image0
    BethDWposted 5 years ago

I have a small widget on my blog that shows the names/links to my 'top' hubs. But I try not to overly promote my hubs on my blog, as they're two separate entities with different purposes. I'm still fairly new to blogging so my traffic isn't very heavy yet, but I don't think there is ever any harm in posting links to your hubs in other places. Any traffic is good traffic!

yougotmeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yup, I think over promotion may actual damage your hubs/blog. We should take extra precautionary measures to avoid that from happening.

3. JamaGenee profile image86
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

Same as BethDW, I have a Hubpages widget on my blog, Saturday's Child, but don't specifically use the blog itself to promote my hubs because I write hubs for a different audience than my blog audience.  When I promote the work of others on the blog, it's usually that of other bloggers. 

So FOR ME in that respect, no, it's not effective as a method to promote hubs.  Other hubbers I know who also have blogs don't get much (if any) cross-traffic, either.

4. christin53 profile image81
    christin53posted 5 years ago

Yes I have a widget on my blog but since that is quite new I don't get a lot of traffic. I guess it's all about networking.

Oh, I'm having the same dilemma actually. I guess we should make the blog grow first and have its own identity (making it appear like it's a separate thing from Hubpages, and not just a linking blog). We can do this.

5. Jamie Brock profile image92
    Jamie Brockposted 5 years ago

I write mainly about arts and crafts here on HP and I do have a craft blog.  Sometimes I will feature a project or a round-up of similar projects on the blog and then link to a fully detailed tutorial here at HubPages in case they want to make one.  I try not to do it a whole lot but I do it occasionally.  I haven't put a widget on my blog yet but have been thinking about it.   The only reason I haven't is because not every single thing I write about here on HubPages is craft related so I'm not sure if I should do it or not.

I do have trackers on the HP links on my blog and the blog does help refer some traffic here to HubPages. My blog isn't very established though, I am still pretty new at blogging so I suspect it will grow if I keep working at it.

Hope this helps!

Oh that's nice! Yup, we also need to tend the blog like we are tending our Hubpages. smile

6. golfcart34 profile image74
    golfcart34posted 5 years ago

What I write about on HubPages is generally different than what I write about on my personal blog.  On HP I'll usually write how-to article, whereas my personal blog is more general musings of whatever tends to come into my head.

7. cheaptoys profile image61
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

i got blogs but they are not that effective at promoting though the links will give you some google juice

working